What is Invisalign and is it right for you?
A beautiful smile 😁 is something we believe ALL of our clients deserve. Afterall, it is usually the first thing people notice about you.
If you suffer from gappy or crooked teeth, or an overbite, Invisalign may be the perfect revolutionary treatment to straighten your smile. And it’s available right here at Timeless Smiles Dental under the trained eye of Dr Nimesh Patel in our Pennant Hills dental practice.
Invisalign is certainly a terrific alternative for adults who don’t want an orthodontic treatment that might interfere with their lifestyle – and we have seen some really great results in our dental practice. So read on and learn more about the Invisalign revolution!
What is Invisalign?
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is virtually invisible. It comprises removeable aligners (trays) which are designed using a smooth clear plastic placed over the teeth. We use smart technology to map your teeth and create a 3-D image, which is used to customise aligners to fit perfectly to your mouth.
Through a series of these aligners, it’s possible to gradually move your teeth to a new, straighter position. 😃
Not only is Invisalign seriously discreet thanks to its total lack of pesky wires, bands, and brackets, but it’s also considerably more comfortable than traditional braces. You can take the tray out to eat, brush, floss, and attend special occasions.
It’s definitely a positive lifestyle choice!
Read this blog to know How can you fit cosmetic dentistry in your budget.
What types of dental issues can Invisalign correct?
- Crowded Teeth: When teeth are too close together, causing alignment problems.
- Spacing Issues: Gaps between teeth due to missing teeth or abnormal growth.
- Overbites: Upper teeth overlap the lower teeth excessively.
- Underbites: Lower teeth protrude beyond the upper teeth.
- Crossbites: Upper and lower jaws don’t align properly, causing specific teeth to misalign.
- Open Bites: Upper and lower teeth don’t make contact when biting down.
- Midline Shifts: Centerline of upper and lower teeth doesn’t align.
How often do I have to see the dentist?
The other great bonus is that you’ll only need to attend check-ups every month or two. At your appointments we’ll give you the precise series of aligners which you’ll change yourself at home about every two weeks.
The beauty of the technology is that you have a precise and predictable result at the end of your treatment – and some people see results in just a few months.👍
Is Invisalign good or bad for you?
- Aesthetic Appeal: Invisalign aligners are transparent and less noticeable, making them a popular choice for those concerned about the appearance of traditional braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are smooth and custom-made to fit your teeth, reducing irritation and discomfort.
- Removability: Aligners can be easily removed for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing, allowing for better oral hygiene.
- Predictable Results: Invisalign treatment often involves digital planning, allowing you to visualize the expected outcome.
- Compliance: For successful results, aligners should be worn consistently, typically around 20-22 hours per day.
- Maintenance: Proper cleaning and care of the aligners are essential to avoid bacterial buildup.
- Treatment Suitability: Invisalign may not be suitable for complex orthodontic issues, and your orthodontist will determine if it’s the right choice for your specific case.
It’s important to consult an experienced dentist who can evaluate your oral health and alignment needs to determine if Invisalign is a suitable treatment option for you. They can provide personalised guidance based on your individual situation.
What are the pros and cons?
Invisalign vs. Braces: The Pros and Cons of Each
- Invisible Appearance: One of the most significant advantages of Invisalign is its nearly invisible appearance. The aligners are made of clear plastic, making them discreet and less noticeable compared to traditional braces with metal wires and brackets.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing you to eat, drink, and clean your teeth without any restrictions. This flexibility contributes to better oral hygiene during treatment.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are custom-made for each patient, ensuring a comfortable fit. They don’t have sharp edges or wires that can cause irritation to your cheeks and lips.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Since you can remove Invisalign aligners while eating, there are no dietary restrictions. You can enjoy all your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your orthodontic appliance.
- Fewer Orthodontic Appointments: Invisalign typically requires fewer orthodontic appointments compared to braces, which can be convenient for individuals with busy schedules.
- Compliance: Success with Invisalign relies on wearing the aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day. If you struggle with compliance, the treatment may not be as effective.
- Not Suitable for All Cases: Invisalign may not be suitable for severe orthodontic issues or cases that require complex tooth movements.
- Effective for Complex Cases: Braces are highly effective for treating even the most complex orthodontic issues, including severe misalignments and bite problems.
- No Compliance Concerns: Braces are fixed onto your teeth, so there are no compliance issues. They work continuously to straighten your teeth.
- Predictable Results: Orthodontics have a high level of control with braces, allowing for precise tooth movement and predictable results.
- Aesthetic Concerns: Traditional braces are noticeable and may affect the aesthetics of your smile. Some people may feel self-conscious about having metal braces.
- Dietary Restrictions: Braces come with dietary restrictions, as certain foods can damage the brackets and wires. Sticky and hard foods should be avoided.
- Oral Hygiene Challenges: It can be more challenging to maintain proper oral hygiene with braces due to the presence of brackets and wires. Special care and tools are required to clean around them.
- Discomfort: Braces may cause discomfort and soreness, especially after adjustments. Wax and orthodontic wax can help alleviate irritation.
Cost of Invisalign in Sydney and Australia
How long do invisalign take to make?
Does clear braces work?
How long does the Invisalign process take?
Is Invisalign painful?
How long do Invisalign take to work?
Are Invisalign or braces better?
What are Invisalign braces?
How long is Invisalign treatment?
Does Invisalign hurt?
Is Invisalign suitable for everyone?
What’s involved with wearing Invisalign?
- Consultation: Evaluate teeth and discuss goals.
- Custom Plan: Create a digital treatment plan.
- Aligner Fitting: Receive custom aligners.
- Progression: Change aligners every 1-2 weeks.
- Check-Ups: Regular orthodontist appointments.
- Treatment Duration: Around 12-18 months.
- Retention: Use retainers after treatment.
How do I know if Invisalign is really for me?
Fixing your smile has never been easier.😀 If you’re interested in exploring the Invisalign system to transform your smile, then take a free online smile assessment, or book your complimentary Invisalign consultation with us at Timeless Smiles Dental today. We love to bring top notch dental and oral health care to the Pennant Hills community.
And of course, if you have concerns about your teeth, for ANY reason, please come and see our dentist, Dr Nimesh Patel whose philosophy is ‘its better to care than repair.’