Does the idea of going to the dentist make your feel uncomfortable? Perhaps you have a phobia of going to the dentist, or you’ve had a bad experience in the past. No matter what issues you’re struggling with, Timeless Smiles is a reliable dental clinic that offers high-quality sleep dentistry services. Sleep dentistry is designed to take away the stress and anxiety associated with going to the dentist. It can be utilised for all types of procedures – from simple tooth cleaning to more extensive and invasive treatments. Talk to our Timeless Smiles dentists today about our sleep dentistry services.
What Is Sleep Dentistry?
Sleep dentistry is a simple process that utilises medication to help patients relax or switch off during dental procedures. There are different levels of sedation utilised in sleep dentistry, and the type used for your treatment will depend on various factors. This includes your oral health history, the type of procedure you are undergoing, and the level of anxiety you are experiencing.Levels of sedation include:
- Minimal sedation – being awake but relaxed
- Moderate sedation – you won’t remember much of the procedure
- Deep sedation – you are on the edge of consciousness
- General anaesthesia – you will be completely unconscious
Talk to our dentists today about the different levels of sedation and which would work best for you.
Why Would I Need Sleep Dentistry?
Sleep dentistry is appropriate for patients who have a genuine fear of the dentist or have anxiety that is preventing them from obtaining professional dental care. If you experience any of the following problems, you may require sleep dentistry services:
- Low pain threshold
- Constantly moving when placed into a dentist’s chair
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Bad gag reflex
- In need of extensive dental work
Sleep dentistry is an ideal way to calm your nerves and receive high-quality dental care without the added stress and hassle. If you feel as though you may require sleep dentistry for your next dental procedure, contact our dentists at Timeless Smiles today.
Sleep Dentistry And Safety
Sleep dentistry is completely safe when administered by professional dentists, such as the team at Timeless Smiles. However, to ensure you are completely comfortable with the sleep dentistry process, we will cover the following before commencing any treatment:
- We will analyse your medical history and determine whether you are an appropriate candidate for sleep dentistry.
- We will determine what kind of sedative and what dosage is appropriate for your age and health.
- We will let you know about our experience with sleep dentistry and how we have utilised it in the past for patients with severe dental anxiety or fear.
- We will detail all the potential risks of the procedure and go over it with you in a one-on-one consultation session.
- We will monitor you throughout the process to ensure you are completely safe and secure.
Our team is highly experienced in sleep dentistry procedures and understand how to make your next dental visit a safe and pleasant experience. For more, talk to us today.
Looking for ways to connect and learn more about your dental care? We are too!
Apart from visits to our practice, we love staying in touch with our patients to share our news and views.
OUR PRODUCT PARTNERS