Do you feel dissatisfied with how your smile looks? Do you hesitate to showcase your smile with your teeth exposed? If yes, porcelain veneers can give you the ideal solution.
You can choose cosmetic veneers if your traditional tooth whitening methods have fallen short or your teeth are chipped, discoloured, or worn down. Also, they can be an ideal option if you feel self-conscious about your teeth’ size, shape, or positioning. It will improve the shape and positioning of teeth that look too small, pointy, or awkward in your mouth.
Moreover, dental veneers are an excellent solution for those with grey or discoloured teeth due to previous damage or injury. They can also help smooth out teeth with craters, bulges, or unevenness.
If you plan to improve your smile but don’t want to undergo invasive treatment, porcelain veneers could be the right choice. They’re cost-effective and perfect for maintaining the health of your natural teeth. Compared to implants or crowns, veneers are a great cosmetic dental alternative. Read this blog to learn more and decide if veneers are a suitable fit for you.
How Will You Define Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are custom-made, tooth-coloured shells placed over the front surface of your teeth. It helps to improve their appearance. These veneers are made from a durable material that mimics the natural look of your teeth while also resisting stains and discolouration. They are a popular cosmetic dental procedure used to correct several dental issues, including chipped or broken teeth, gaps between teeth, and teeth that are discoloured or misshapen. In addition, with porcelain veneers, you can achieve a brighter, more even smile that looks natural.
Who is Eligible for Getting Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers improve the aesthetic appearance of your teeth. It can be ideal for those who don’t want to undertake long-term treatments like braces or other orthodontic treatments. Veneers are custom-made shells that fit directly onto the front portion of your teeth, giving them a more aesthetically pleasing look.
Anyone can be eligible for porcelain veneers because they’re designed to match everyone’s unique needs and preferences. They come in various sizes, thicknesses, colours and shapes to offer an updated smile that looks natural. Some factors may determine if you’re a good candidate for veneers, such as:
- Your oral health – You should ensure your mouth is free from dental decay or periodontal disease. It will help to minimise the issues while bonding your teeth with porcelain veneers.
- Your overall bite – If you have misalignment issues where one or multiple teeth protrude too much over others, this misalignment will need adjusting before receiving dental veneers. It will ensure proper bonding of the veneer without any hindrances.
- Age requirements – As far as age requirements go, there are none. However, younger generations may be advised against going ahead with this treatment. It is because of their constant development and bone shifting which could require future adjustments or replacements.
When considering porcelain veneers, many people are often pleasantly surprised at how easily they are accessible. As a result, almost everyone is eligible for this popular cosmetic dentistry procedure. With some basic improvements in oral health care routine and habits, along with regular consultations by dentists experienced in cosmetic dentistry cases. You can become the perfect candidate for getting this stunningly effective treatment.
Common Problems that Porcelain Veneers Can Address
Discover the dental issues that porcelain veneers can correct or cover. Aside from their aesthetic benefits, learn how veneers work to transform your smile.
Dental veneers can help to solve various dental issues, such as:
- Stubbornly stained teeth.
- Gaps between teeth.
- Misaligned or irregularly shaped teeth.
- Worn-down teeth.
- Broken or chipped teeth.
- Stained, eroded, or discoloured tooth enamel.
Veneers provide a hassle-free alternative to crowns and dental implants, with no pain involved. These qualities make them an attractive option for cosmetic enhancements.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Work – The Procedure?
Porcelain veneers require three dental visits: the first visit for an initial consultation and rest two visits for the design and fitting of the veneers. Thus, whether you need veneers for one or several teeth, they can all be addressed in the same procedure.
Oral Examination and Treatment Plan
During the initial consultation with a cosmetic dentist, you can express your concerns about your smile and share your desired outcome. The dentist will check your teeth to determine if porcelain veneers are suitable. They will explain the procedure and its limitations to you. Thus, it’s your chance to get the information.
First Dental Appointment
Your dentist will prepare your teeth for porcelain veneers at your first appointment. It will involve removing a thin layer of enamel to ensure that the veneers are the same thickness as your teeth and sit flush with your smile. To ensure your comfort, your dentist may use a local anaesthetic to numb your mouth during the dental veneer treatment.
After preparing your teeth, your dentist will use a digital scanner to create detailed images of your mouth and teeth. Then, they will use these images to craft your custom porcelain veneers in their dental lab. While you wait for your permanent dental veneers, your dentist will fix temporary veneers to protect your tooth well.
Second Dental Appointment
When your porcelain veneers are ready, you’ll need to come to your dentist’s clinic for a second appointment. During this appointment, your dentist will make necessary adjustments and ensure they fit perfectly. It’s a quick and painless process.
First, the teeth undergo a cleaning and etching process to prepare them for bonding. Next, a special dental cement is applied to the veneer and placed onto the tooth’s surface. Next, a high-density light is used to ensure the cement hardens quickly. Lastly, your bite is examined, and final adjustments are made to perfect your dazzling smile. Finally, you will achieve your new glamorous smile.
What are the After Care Recommendations?
Proper aftercare ensures your veneers last as long as possible and looks their best. Here are some tips to help you take care of your porcelain veneers after they’ve been installed:
- Maintain good oral hygiene – brushing twice daily, flossing at least once daily, and visiting the dentist regularly for check-ups will help keep your mouth healthy. In addition, it will ensure that your new veneers stay in great shape over time. Be gentle when brushing around the edges of each veneer to avoid damage.
- Avoid hard foods – these could chip or damage the porcelain, so it’s best to steer clear of things like popcorn kernels or hard candies. It will help your veneers to remain intact for many years to come.
- Avoid staining drinks – coffee, tea, red wine, and other dark-coloured beverages can stain your teeth quickly. So limit their consumption or use a straw whenever possible if you plan on drinking these kinds of beverages often.
- Wear protective mouthguards when playing sports – this is especially important during contact sports, as a slight blow could cause chips on both natural teeth or veneers. If necessary, talk with your dentist about getting custom fit guards made specifically for you.
- See professional cleaning every 6 months – regular cleanings from professionals ensure any tartar buildup is taken care of promptly before it harms any surface enamel on either natural teeth or veneers. It can lead to longer-term problems if left unchecked.
Find a Reliable Cosmetic Dentist Near You
At Timeless Smiles, our team is happy to answer all your questions. In addition, we will help you to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists. Call us today at (02) 8073 8386 or email us at email@example.com.